Join us to explore ways that churches are training and involving their people in cross-cultural outreach
- Sponsored by the Delaware Valley Church Missions Leaders Fellowship and the Philadelphia Regional Diaspora Network
- Cost is $20 and includes lunch
- Hosted by Church of the Saviour, 651 N Wayne Ave, Wayne, PA
Would you like the people in your church to be more intentional about reaching out to immigrants, refugees, and international students living in your community? Would you like to learn from other church leaders how they engage their congregation in crossing cultural divides to befriend and share the gospel?
This informal gathering is designed to highlight different ways that churches like yours are training and involving their people in cross-cultural outreach with their neighbors and colleagues. Plan to join us and bring other leaders from your church with you!
There will be five presentations and Q&A, followed by an open-forum dialog and lunch.
- Joshua Samuels (via Zoom), a community liaison for Fellowship Dallas (TX) Church. Josh has developed a program that builds friendships between church members and immigrant families that is well connected to diaspora leaders and ministries already serving their communities.
- Mark Avery, director of missions and outreach at Zerephath Christian Church. Mark has developed an effective ministry providing help to needy in their community which includes a high number of immigrants and refugees.
- Katrina Arnold, the foster care program coordinator from Church of the Saviour, will share about their new ministry partnering with Bethany Christian Services to provide temporary foster-care services for children arriving at the US border.
- Shirley Innis launched and coordinates the international student ministry of Hawthorne (NJ) Gospel Church as well as developed teams from other churches. She will share how to recruit and train church members, help them build relationships with international students, and maintain an effective program.
- Nathan Keisler directs Acts ONE at Christ Community Church, West Chester. He will share how CCC has launched an ESL program and how they are addressing the challenges of developing a sustainable program.
For more details and to invite others to this program, download our flier. Registration deadline is May 21.
- My Church Can Reach the Nations Among Us
May 23, 2019
9:30 am - 1:00 pm