Join regional missions and diaspora leaders to explore ways that churches are training and involving their people in cross-cultural outreach
- Sponsored by the Delaware Valley Church Missions Leaders Fellowship and the Philadelphia Regional Diaspora Network
- Cost is $20 and includes lunch
- Hosted by Church of the Saviour, 651 N Wayne Ave, Wayne, PA
Would you like the people in your church to be more intentional about reaching out to immigrants, refugees, and students living in your community? Would you like to learn from other church leaders how they engage their congregation in crossing cultural divides to befriend and share the gospel?
This informal gathering is designed to highlight different ways that churches like yours are training and involving their people in cross-cultural outreach with their neighbors and colleagues. Plan to join us and bring other leaders from your church with you!
There will be a time of meet and greet, followed by presentations and Q&A, concluding with an open-forum dialog, and lunch.
Presenters will include:
- Joshua Samuels (via Zoom), a community liaison for Fellowship Dallas (TX) Church. Josh has developed a program that builds friendships between church members and immigrant families that is well connected to diaspora leaders and ministries already serving their communities.
- Mark Avery, director of missions and outreach at Zerephath Christian Church. Mark has developed an effective ministry providing help to needy in their community which includes a high number of immigrants and refugees.
- Church of the Saviour will share about their new ministry partnering with Bethany Christian Services to provide temporary foster-care services for children arriving at the US border.
- My Church Can Reach the Nations Among Us
May 23, 2019
9:30 am - 1:00 pm